Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dunes near Hague






My landlady had told me the beach and dunes were lovely and just a short walk (waving vaguely in the direction I should go). So, yesterday evening I set out to find the sea and beach. The dunes are quite extensive, it turned out, and there were many intersecting paths and no signs. It took me an hour and a half to find the sea, though only half an hour or so back to the apartment. I plan to go back and explore more while I'm here, because they seem to be worth it. But, the next time I want the beach, I'll skip the long hike. Here are photos, including my beer reward once I found the beach. The sun was setting about 10 pm and it was still easy to find my way at 10:30 pm. Photos are of a magpie, example of treed dune, sea, my beer, and a pretty pink cloud.

No comments: