Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Getting closer

I'm leaving soon, just a week away.

I have one possible lead on an apartment--sea view and a view of a hill that will be covered in wildflowers Dec-Mar. Those flowers would be quite a change from the snowy world of Michigan Tech.

I'm not sure my mind has quite caught up with the date. I have yet to send some boxes ahead, but I know I'll finally do it. I've delayed because each time I check a box I take things out of it. I'm sure that's a good sentiment.

I've nearly finished off the little details at work and have handed off my various jobs to good people. It will be fun to see what they've changed or created on my return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,
I will share this with the girls. I look forward to checking in from time to time and hope you get those pictures up and running. It sounds too exciting for words and I have to admire your courage. I shall live vicariously through your adventures and only hope that some day I can experience something vaguely similar. God speed, and keep in touch. Kathy

Linda Bennett said...

Hey girlie! Get with it! You've got to keep these blogs going!
See? I can be just as annoying at a distance. :-)

So, have you found an apartment yet? What are your first impressions?