Saturday, June 1, 2013

Recent boat tour of St. Paul's Bay

I've been back in Malta since May 8 and have ended up doing quite a few tourist-type things, partly because friends and I rented a place in Salina.  I took a vacation here in Malta, for once.  Yesterday we used the boat company Seahorse for a tour of St. Paul's Bay (Yes, this is where I lived for 10 months and I never took the tour).  Michelle Jarvie-Eggart and Melissa Martinie were with me.  The boat was a Luzzu, like one often finds around Malta.  We showed up and boarded.  To our great surprise and delight we were the only three passengers.  We thought they might cancel, but they didn't.  So, in effect, we had a private charter for 30 Euros.  What fun and what a beautiful boat.  The photos are of the boat, the statue on St. Paul's Island (where by tradition he shipwrecked on his way to Rome and then (for sure) converted the people then on Malta), and some pretty scenes.