Sunday, May 16, 2010

Flora and one fauna (faunum?)





There was a bit of rain recently and it brought out the snails, which Malta seems to have in great numbers. They have adapted remarkable methods of surviving heat and dry. I've also included some flowering plants. I think the blue tree is a jacaranda, but I'd welcome correction is that is wrong. Then comes a bush(?) that looks like it might be a poinsettia, but I don't know. If I ever did move to Malta or a dry place, I think I could warm to succulents. One of the photos is of a succulent in flower.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Looks beautiful! I'm not a particular fan of succulents, but I do love the radiant colors that one seems only to get in hotter climates.

Mary said...

I know what you mean, but, somehow, they are good things here. I'd have them in my garden were I here, I think. You seem to have a wonderful garden already!