Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas from Lake Superior






After days of snow, we had a sunny, cold Christmas day. So, I went out for my first cross-country ski of the season. I didn't last very long, but it was pretty and good to be out. I hope my Maltese friends (and anyone else!) will enjoy the photos. The water you see in the distance is Lake Superior. I'm at McLain State Park, my favorite place of walk or ski year 'round.

The two main ways to take a walk in the woods during the winter are found in the picture of my ski tracks crossing those of a snow-shoe enthusiast.

View of my ski tips--I was cutting my own path for the most part. It's a silly photo.

The rest are just snow scenes.

It was 5F (-15C), and so I was not too inclined to get my hands out of my gloves to take photos. I like to ski when it is warmer, like 18-22F (-8C).

No comments: